Tuesday, September 7, 2010

No Words for you

While thinking about what to write for my next post,suddenly i was reminded of a story,not a story but in actual a play which i read a few days ago..........it was written by Thornton Wilder about Love and how to cure it. I couldn't stop wondering at the coincidence that it happened at the same time when things around me are more or less the same. Talking about the story,its about a young Cambridge Grad student Arthur(Note: This is set in the Victorian Era) who is madly in love with a ballet performer by the name Linda.........but as all the love stories have a twist in the tale there's ought to be one.Linda isn't interested in being in a relationship,so Arthur isn't quite keen on giving up on his attempts to let her know about her feelings and all that emotional tochan follows after that.........i couldn't get the link of the play,but you guys can read it. At the end,Arthur gets realizes that there's no point in really forcing a move,but to get into the sidelines. He at the end of the play tells Linda that(I don't remember the exact dialogues ),"Thanks for everything that you have been to me, i cant really force you to be in love with me but i'll be really happy for you..........its just that now if your happy then there's nothing i wish for....thanks for everything."
For this Linda replies,"Hey i haven't done anything for you, you've just wasted your time on such things........."
On this Arthur tries to explain her,"Linda if you think I've wasted my time on you then its totally wrong,when you'll really love someone you'll get to know what it feels.....i wont bother you again.....goodbye forever"
This really stirred a few emotions,this story was written in 1950's but still stands true.........still every one goes through the same again and again knowing the fate......just knowing one thing that's i didn't waste my time being in love.
I guess accepting what is possible rather than, running after a mirage is good on either part.As someone has said that, Do not cry about what has gone past you, be happy that it happened.
I would like to post a poem by a friend of mine who requested me to keep his name a secretso its for u buddy::::
First love all over again,
Memories that never wane,
And lately I find
You're on my mind,
and I am catching
the midnight train.

Christmas hearts are aflame,
Lights shine bright
O'er the plain.
I am travelling tonight
To re-live the delight
of first love over again.

Hold me my love in the rain,
We will shelter in lovers lane,
With no more sorrow
We will treasure tomorrow
Because I am here
on the midnight train.

Tschüess bis dann  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment